- Growing your own fruits and vegetables can offer you the opportunity to reduce the amount of pesticides that you use in your garden, making them healthier.
- Growing your own fruits and vegetables will save your money at the grocery store.
- Gardening increases physical activity. It is a great way to engage the whole family in physical activity and lets them help to take responsibility for the garden.
- Growing own fruits and vegetables promotes health because they are rich in nutrients
- Gardening gives you’re a real sense of appreciation when you can see the bounty of your efforts.
- Growing your own gives you a new appreciation for nature, when you can have the opportunity to see how things grow.
Walking is simple, free and one of the easiest ways to get more active, lose weight and become healthier. Walking is ideal for people of all ages and fitness levels who want to be more active. Regular walking has been shown to reduce the risk of chronic illnesses, such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, asthma, stroke and some cancers.